Avril Lavigne Undisclosed Health Issue

Avril Lavigne Suffering From Undisclosed Health Issue

UPDATE 4:30 PM ET: Following up with Billboard, a rep for Lavigne has confirmed that the DM exchange posted by @AvrilMusicChart was authentic. The health issue could not be specified but it was confirmed that Lavigne is not pregnant, as some have speculated.



Avril Lavigne is suffering from an undisclosed health issue, and reportedly asked a fan to “keep me in your prayers” during an exchange over the weekend. The 30-year-old pop star did not specify the illness from which she is suffering, and has yet to release a statement.

On Sunday (Dec. 7), Lavigne responded to a tweet from a fan account that reads “#GetWellSoonAvril #PrayForAvril” with a simple “thank you”:


The same Twitter fan account, @AvrilMusicChart, posted a screenshot of what is reportedly a DM exchange with Lavigne that occurred over the weekend: when asked whether or not she is working on new music, Lavigne responded, “I feel bad because I haven’t been able to say anything to the fans to let them no [sic] why I’ve been absent. I’m torn as I’m quite private…. I’m not feeling well. I’m having some health issues. So please keep me in your prayers.”



A rep for Lavigne could not disclose the illness or its severity upon request.

Last year, Lavigne released her self-titled fifth studio album, featuring the singles “Here’s To Never Growing Up” and “Rock N Roll.” Lavigne married Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger in July 2013, and Kroeger recently brushed off rumors that their marriage was on shaky ground.






Translate